Gone are the days when you could grow website traffic just by repeating keywords over and over. To attract the attention of today’s savvy web surfers, you must create content that holds legitimate value for your site’s visitors – and content that can stand the test of time.
What is evergreen content?
Evergreen content never goes stale. It’s the kind of content that people will look continue to need, year in and year out. Even better, it’s usefulness means you don’t need to update it often.
An example of evergreen content planning
If your product is a food processor, you might consider:
- creating a video about how to properly chop vegetables without hurting yourself (beginners)
- a blog post explaining how to ensure a souffle doesn’t fall (experts)
- an infographic depicting common spices and the types of food they can enhance
Evergreen content leads to website growth
Design your content plan around helping your ideal customer in as many ways as possible and you’ll grow your website into a go-to destination that customers will continue to return to. We can help you figure it out – have a chat with us!
More Prefer resources about Growth:
- Creating for Google or your user – a balanced SEO approach
- Stop thinking your site is ‘finished’ — be user responsive instead
Other resources for creating evergreen content: